Outstanding biology and life science teaching is essential for preparing student help prepare students for life in a modern society and to informed decisions on behalf of future generations. We know such teaching exists, and for over 50 years, the National Association for Biology Teachers has used the OBTA program to recognize such excellence. We need YOUR help to find these amazing individuals and nominate them for the OBTA selection process. To be eligible, you must be presently teaching biology/life science (public, private or parochial school) and must have devoted a significant portion of your career to the teaching of biology/life science. A minimum of three years of teaching experience is mandatory.
Please submit nominations directly to the NABT website.
Please contact Victoria Bartley, the OBTA Director for NJ, with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are striving to be the leaders in supporting life science educators teaching tomorrow’s skills today.
Goals & Objectives:
1. Provide the network that connects science teachers to each other and resources
2. Provide relevant and ongoing professional development for members
3. Provide scholarships for conferences
4. Continue to provide resources for best practices in science education
5. Increase communication with members by publishing informative newsletters6. Connect science teachers to each other